UPDATED 12:40 PM PT – Saturday, December 5, 2020
A federal appeals court ruled in favor of the Trump administration to allow them to move forward with the border wall.
On Friday, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals voted two-to-one that the President could divert more than $3.6 billion from military construction projects to fund the border wall in El Paso County, Texas.
The two judges who ruled in favor of the administration said opponents of the plan could not prove the move would harm them.
President Trump has consistently argued that the construction of the wall is necessary to mitigate the threat posed by illegal immigration.
“It is a tremendous national emergency,” the President said. “Last month, more than 76,000 illegal migrants arrived at our border.”
He added that the U.S. is on track for a million illegal aliens to rush our borders.
“People hate the word invasion, but that’s what it is,” President Trump stated. “It’s an invasion of drugs, criminals and people we have no idea who they are, but we capture them because border security is so good.”
MORE NEWS: Chicago PD Investigates Fatal Shooting Of Retired Firefighter